Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 21 August 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to west 10 to 15 late this evening then becoming light Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to east 20 to 30 Tuesday afternoon.
A few showers this evening. Chance of showers beginning Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 03:00 AM EDT 21 August 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 21 August 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
east-west over northern Quebec.
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today quasi-stationary high located off Cape
At 5:00 a.m. EDT Tuesday intensifying low 1003 mb located north
of Lake Michigan.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Tuesday low 986 mb located northwest of Saguenay
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: