Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 00:18 AM EDT 22 August 2017
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 10 to 15 knots becoming light Tuesday morning then increasing to east 10 to 20 early Tuesday afternoon. Wind increasing to east 25 to 35 late Tuesday afternoon.
Chance of showers Tuesday evening. Fog banks dissipating Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 00:18 AM EDT 22 August 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 21 August 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 a.m. EDT Tuesday departing ridge located on a line
north-south over Newfoundland.
At 5:00 a.m. EDT Tuesday intensifying low 1003 mb located north
of Lake Huron.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Tuesday low 986 mb located over northern Quebec.
At 9:00 a.m. EDT Tuesday trough from low located on a line
northeast-southwest over Lake Michigan.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Tuesday trough from low located on a line
north-south over Matane.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: