Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 04 March 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind easterly 10 to 20 knots veering to southerly 10 to 20 this morning then to southwest 15 to 25 this afternoon. Wind veering to westerly 20 to 30 this evening then diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 Thursday afternoon.
Periods of light snow ending this evening. Risk of freezing drizzle this morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
High today minus 4. Low tonight minus 20. High Thursday minus 13.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 March 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4530N 5630W to 4720N 5710W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
5 tenths of grey ice including 2 tenths of grey-white ice except 9
plus tenths of grey-white ice including 4 tenths of first-year ice
in the extreme eastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 4 March 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 987 mb located over James Bay.
By 7:00 a.m. EST Thursday low 986 mb located over Labrador Coast.
At 7:00 a.m. EST Thursday building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Great Lakes.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday ridge located from Lake Saint-Jean to
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: