Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 06 March 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind westerly 10 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 30 near noon then diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 early this evening. Wind veering to westerly 15 near noon Saturday.
A few flurries beginning early this evening and ending Saturday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 20 rising to minus 3 Saturday afternoon then falling to minus 8 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4445N 6150W to 4455N 5620W to 4720N 5710W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 6 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located from Saguenay River to Lake
By 7:00 p.m. EST tonight departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape Cod.
At 7:00 p.m. EST tonight building trough located from James Bay
By 7:00 p.m. EST Saturday trough located from Lake Saint-Jean to
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: