Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 22 February 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots becoming light early this evening then increasing to easterly 10 to 15 early Thursday morning. Wind increasing to easterly 15 to 25 late Thursday morning then diminishing to easterly 10 to 15 Thursday afternoon.
Snow beginning late overnight with a risk of freezing rain changing to rain Thursday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Low tonight minus 3. High Thursday plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4610N 5950W to 4635N
5925W to 4815N 6105W to 5000N 5820W to 4835N 5925W to Newfoundland
near 4755N 5925W. Sea ice west and southeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey ice except 9 tenths of grey ice including a trace
of grey-white ice in the extreme southwestern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 22 February 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. EST today quasi-stationary ridge located from
Newfoundland to New England.
At 10:00 p.m. EST tonight low 998 mb located over Lake Michigan.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday low 993 mb located near Pointe-des-Monts.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: