Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 28 May 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to north 20 to 25 early this afternoon then diminishing to north 15 early this evening. Wind diminishing to light near midnight then becoming southerly 15 Sunday afternoon.
A few showers ending this afternoon. Fog patches dissipating near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland Strait - western halfIssued 10:00 AM ADT 28 May 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 28 May 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1014 mb located near
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 1014 mb located east of
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday high 1025 mb located over New Brunswick.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday high 1026 mb located over Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:41 AM ADT 28 May 2016 Tropical depression two is currently located at 30.1 degrees north
and 78.1 degrees west or 180 nautical miles southeast of Charleston,
North Carolina. It is moving northwest at 12 knots. Maximum sustained
winds are 30 knots and the central pressure is 1009 MB.
This storm is not currently expected to have any direct effect on
Canadian forecast waters.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: