Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 11:53 AM ADT 21 July 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots with gusts to 40 near thunderstorms this afternoon. Wind becoming northwesterly 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind northwesterly 15 to 20 Saturday.
Showers or thunderstorms beginning this afternoon changing to a few showers early this evening and ending Saturday morning. Risk of thunderstorms tonight and Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Watches (In effect)
Squall watch in effect
Northumberland StraitIssued 1:32 PM ADT 21 July 2017 Conditions are favourable for the development of squalls with wind gusts up to 40 knots and frequent lightning.
Potentially severe thunderstorms with gust of up to 40 kts are expected this afternoon and may persist into this evening.
Vessels without lightning protection should make their way to shore immediately. Mariners are advised to prepare for potential squalls. Vulnerable vessels are most at risk and should seek safe harbour if underway.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. For more information monitor Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 21 July 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the Gulf of
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday trough located over the southeastern
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: