Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 28 September 2016
Tonight and Thursday
Wind northeast 15 knots increasing to north 15 to 20 early Thursday morning then diminishing to light early Thursday evening.
Chance of showers or drizzle tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 28 September 2016 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary trough located south of
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1011 mb located south of Georges Bank.
By 3:00 p.m. ADT Thursday low 1018 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:17 PM ADT 28 September 2016 A low pressure system approaching from the southwest will move to lie
just south of Georges Bank this evening and then track northeastward
to lie over Laurentian Fan Thursday afternoon. Strong easterly winds
ahead of this system could reach gale force. Strong to gale force
southerlies are forecast with this system over Laurentian Fan on
Thursday. Strong northerly winds could also reach gale force in the
wake of this low.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - southern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: