Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 26 April 2015
Tonight and Monday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 15 to 20 late overnight and to northeast 20 to 25 Monday morning. Wind veering to easterly 15 to 20 Monday afternoon.
Periods of rain or periods of snow changing to periods of rain early this evening then to chance of showers or flurries Monday. Fog patches dissipating Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 April 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4600N 5810W
to 4725N 5800W to Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and
west of the ice edge.
Open water except consolidated first-year ice in bays and on parts
of the shores.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 3:30 PM ADT 26 April 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 26 April 2015 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 992 mb located over Banquereau.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Monday low 995 mb located over western Nova Scotia.
At 9:00 p.m. ADT Monday dissipating low 996 mb located over the
southwestern Marine District.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: