Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 21 August 2017
Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light early Tuesday morning then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 late Tuesday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 25 Tuesday evening.
Chance of showers late this evening and overnight with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland Strait - western halfIssued 8:14 PM ADT 21 August 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 21 August 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday trough located over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday approaching trough located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 5:39 PM ADT 21 August 2017 A line of thunderstorms in the St. Lawrence Estuary is moving rapidly
into Northwestern Anticosti, and is likely to produce gusts of gale
force. This line should diminish in intensity this evening.
Marine interests are advised that a squall watch and warning has been
issued for Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: