Issued 10:00 AM ADT 26 September 2016
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to northwest 15 near noon then increasing to west 15 to 20 this evening. Wind diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 near noon Tuesday then increasing to east 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Chance of showers late this morning. Periods of rain beginning near noon Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 10:00 AM ADT 26 September 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 26 September 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line north-south
By 9:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 6:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday approaching trough located over the Gulf
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: