Issued 03:30 PM AST 28 February 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Wind west 10 to 15 knots backing to southwest 15 to 20 early this evening then veering to west 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light near noon Sunday then becoming southwest 15 Sunday evening.
Low tonight minus 16. High Sunday minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 February 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4550N 5640W to 4730N 5730W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 28 February 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located over the East Coast of the
U.S. extending eastward.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Sunday building ridge located over Georges Bank
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:17 PM AST 28 February 2015 Strong northwest winds combined with cold temperatures will continue
to bring freezing spray over some regions.
Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Cabot Strait.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: