Montréal to Trois-Rivières
Issued 03:00 PM EST 24 December 2014
Tonight and Thursday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northeast 10 to 20 knots veering to easterly 15 to 25 near midnight then increasing to southwest 25 to 35 early Thursday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 40 to 50 late Thursday morning then diminishing to west 25 to 35 Thursday evening.
Periods of rain ending early Thursday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Warnings (In effect)
Montréal to Trois-RivièresIssued 3:00 PM EST 24 December 2014
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 24 December 2014 Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 p.m. EST today intensifying low 1001 mb located over the
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday low 966 mb located west of Labrador.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today trough from low located on a line north-south
over Lake Erie.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday trough from low located from Anticosti
Island to Nova Scotia.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: