Chaleur - Miscou
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 27 October 2016
Tonight and Friday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to easterly 15 knots Friday morning and to southeast 20 Friday afternoon.
A few showers ending near midnight. A few showers beginning Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - MiscouIssued 8:00 PM ADT 27 October 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 27 October 2016 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday deepening low located over Long Island.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday low located over the Gulf of Maine.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:40 PM ADT 27 October 2016 A low pressure system will develop tonight near Long Island and will
deepen as it tracks northeastward to lie over the Gulf of Maine by
Friday afternoon. Gale force southeasterly winds will develop ahead
of this disturbance and spread into western waters on Friday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fundy, Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern
shore, LaHave Bank, West Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable and East
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: