Chaleur - Miscou
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 29 March 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind north 15 to 20 knots increasing to north 20 to 25 after midnight and to north 30 Thursday morning.
A few flurries ending Thursday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4505N 6020W
to 4500N 5905W to 4555N 5820W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5900W. Sea
ice northwest of the ice edge.
1 tenth of grey ice except 9 tenths of first-year ice east of Miscou
Island and along the southeastern coast of Chaleur Bay.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 29 March 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight deepening low 998 mb located over East
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday deepening low 960 mb located east of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:48 PM ADT 29 March 2017 A low pressure system will intensify tonight and Thursday as it moves
eastward across southern waters reaching Laurentian Fan Thursday
morning. Strong to gale northeasterlies ahead of the low will shift
to gale to storm north or northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
East Scotian Slope and Laurentian Fan-western half. Gale warnings are
in effect for Georges Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, West
Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian
Fan-eastern half, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait-eastern half,
Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti-eastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: