Issued 03:00 AM ADT 31 July 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 knots diminishing to southwest 15 this morning then increasing to southwest 15 to 20 early this evening. Wind diminishing to west 10 to 15 overnight and to light Saturday morning. Wind becoming southwest 15 Saturday afternoon.
Showers ending this morning with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches dissipating this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 03:00 AM ADT 31 July 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 31 July 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the eastern Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located from the St. Lawrence River
to Cape Cod.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday trough located over the eastern Marine
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday approaching trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over New England.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: