Issued 08:00 PM ADT 31 August 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 to 25 knots veering to northwest 20 near midnight then diminishing to north 15 early Tuesday morning.
Fog patches dissipating late this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 8:00 PM ADT 31 August 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 31 August 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 997 mb located north of Anticosti
By 9:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 997 mb located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:55 PM ADT 31 August 2015 A low pressure system just north of Anticosti Island this
Evening will move to lie over Newfoundland on Tuesday.
Gale force northwesterlies will develop over northern waters in the
wake of this low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau...Cabot Strait...Gulf-Magdalen...Chaleur-Miscou eastern
half and Anticosti.
A squall warning is in effect for Northumberland Strait and
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: