Issued 08:00 PM AST 18 January 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind east 20 to 25 knots diminishing to east 15 near midnight and to light early Thursday morning.
A few flurries and a few showers beginning late overnight and ending late Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4655N 6045W to 4610N 6150W
to 4750N 6055W to 4720N 6330W to 4905N 6340W to 4840N 6150W to 5015N
5800W to 4830N 5925W to Newfoundland near 4805N 5905W. Sea ice north
and west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 18 January 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located from Labrador to New
Brunswick then to Laurentian Fan.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday ridge located over Newfoundland extending
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 1000 mb located south of Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday intensifying low 994 mb located south
of East Scotian Slope.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:38 PM AST 18 January 2017 A ridge of high pressure over eastern marine waters will continue to
slowly push eastward tonight. Moderate to strong northerlies ahead of
the ridge diminish in its vicinity. A deepening low south of Georges
Bank will track slowly eastward to lie south of Laurentian Fan
Thursday evening. This low is giving strong to gale force easterlies
to southwestern waters which will diminish below warning status
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank-southern half and West Scotian Slope-southern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: