Issued 08:00 PM AST 12 February 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 15 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to easterly 20 early Saturday morning. Wind becoming variable 15 to 20 near noon Saturday then increasing to westerly 30 early Saturday evening.
Snow beginning late overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Low tonight minus 5. High Saturday zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 12 February 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5920W to 4805N 5940W
to 4945N 5815W to 4815N 6300W to 4740N 6305W to 4750N 6110W to 4655N
6000W to Nova Scotia near 4615N 5955W. Sea ice north and west of the
LurcherIssued 8:00 PM AST 12 February 2016
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 12 February 2016 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located west of the Marine District.
By 5:00 a.m. AST Saturday departing ridge located from the Gulf
of St. Lawrence to the Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Saturday intensifying low 991 mb located south
of East Scotian Slope.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Saturday low 982 mb located over Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:44 PM AST 12 February 2016 A ridge of high pressure will quickly pass over the Maritimes
tonight. On Saturday a low south of the marine district will track
through eastern waters to lie over Newfoundland by evening.
Gale force easterlies north of the track of the low become storm
force southerly to the south of it.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan. Gale warnings are in effect for Georges Bank..
Southwestern shore..LaHave Bank..West Scotian Slope..Eastern shore..
Fourchu..Sable..East Scotian Slope and Banquereau. Marine interests
are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in effect for
Eastern shore..Fourchu..Cabot Strait..Banquereau northwestern half..
Northumberland Strait-eastern half..Gulf-Magdalen..And Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: