Issued 03:30 PM ADT 01 October 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind east 15 knots increasing to east 20 to 25 late overnight then backing to northeast 25 to 30 early Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 Sunday afternoon and to light Sunday evening.
Periods of rain beginning this evening and ending Sunday afternoon. Fog patches forming late overnight and dissipating Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 3:30 PM ADT 01 October 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 1 October 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Maritimes.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday dissipating ridge located over the eastern
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located southwest of the Marine
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday trough located from Cape Cod to East
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: