Issued 03:00 AM ADT 30 July 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southwest 15 knots late this afternoon and to southwest 20 late this evening. Wind becoming southwest 15 to 20 Friday morning.
A few showers beginning overnight and ending near noon Friday. Fog patches dissipating Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 03:00 AM ADT 30 July 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 30 July 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 995 mb located east of Banquereau.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 995 mb located southeast
of the Avalon Peninsula.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today weakening ridge located on a line north-south
over the western Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight dissipating ridge located over the
southeastern Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday trough located from the Gaspe Peninsula
to Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough located from Anticosti Island to
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:51 AM ADT 30 July 2015 A low pressure system just east of Banquereau will move very slowly
eastward then gradually weaken later today. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies are expected over eastern waters from this system
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau and Laurentian Fan - eastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: