Issued 03:00 AM ADT 28 August 2016
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind light increasing to south 10 to 15 knots near midnight and to southwest 15 to 20 Monday morning. Wind becoming northwest 15 Monday evening.
Chance of showers Monday morning and afternoon. Fog patches forming near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 28 August 2016 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over New Brunswick.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing ridge located over Laurentian
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low located south of James Bay.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday low 1008 mb located near the Gaspe
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:43 AM ADT 28 August 2016 Hurricane Gaston, as of 3:00 AM ADT, is located near 30.0 degrees
north and 54.5 degrees west. Maximum sustained winds are 80 knots.
Minimum central pressure is about 978 MB. It is currently moving
northwest at 8 knots.
Note that Gaston is forecast to pass well south of Canadian forecast
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: