Issued 03:00 AM ADT 21 October 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 25 knots increasing to southwest 35 Saturday evening.
Periods of rain ending late this afternoon. Rain at times heavy tonight and Saturday with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches forming this afternoon and dissipating Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 03:00 AM ADT 21 October 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:10 AM ADT 21 October 2016 Today At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday ridge located east of the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located west of the Marine District.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday trough located on a line north-south
over Cape Cod.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:18 AM ADT 21 October 2016 A low pressure system will track south of Nova Scotia across the
central marine waters Saturday. In advance of this system strong to
gale force south to southeasterlies will spread across the district.
Strong to gale force southwesterlies will develop behind the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope,
Eastern shore, Fourchu, Sable, East Scotian Slope and Laurentian
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: