Issued 10:00 AM AST 21 January 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind light becoming southwest 10 to 15 knots near noon then veering to northwest 10 to 15 early this evening. Wind veering to northeast 10 to 15 Sunday morning then increasing to northeast 20 Sunday evening.
Showers beginning near noon and ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 January 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4655N 6045W to 4610N 6150W
to 4750N 6055W to 4720N 6330W to 4905N 6340W to 4840N 6150W to 5015N
5800W to 4830N 5925W to Newfoundland near 4805N 5905W. Sea ice north
and west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 21 January 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. AST today low 970 mb located over the southeastern
By 3:30 p.m. AST today low 968 mb located east of the Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. AST today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
western Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:51 AM AST 21 January 2017 An intense low pressure system over the Southeastern Grand Banks will
continue to track northeast today. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies over eastern waters will diminish this afternoon as
the low moves away from Newfoundland.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau-eastern half and Laurentian Fan-eastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: