Issued 03:00 AM AST 24 February 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 this morning then increasing to southwest 20 this evening. Wind backing to southerly 15 overnight then increasing to southeast 20 to 25 Saturday afternoon.
Showers beginning Saturday evening. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 February 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4610N 5950W to 4635N
5920W to 4815N 6105W to 5000N 5820W to 4835N 5925W to Newfoundland
near 4755N 5925W. Sea ice west and southeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 24 February 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 992 mb located near Anticosti Island.
By 3:30 p.m. AST today low 996 mb located northeast of Newfoundland.
At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 1006 mb located northwest of Anticosti
By 3:00 a.m. AST Saturday weakening low 1013 mb located over
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: