Issued 11:30 AM EDT 30 August 2016
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Squall watch in effect.
Wind southwest 10 knots with gusts to 40 near thunderstorms. Wind becoming light this evening then becoming northwest 10 Wednesday afternoon.
A few showers ending early this evening with a risk of thunderstorms. Chance of showers beginning near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Watches (In effect)
Squall watch in effect
Lake NipissingIssued 10:18 AM EDT 30 August 2016 Conditions are favourable for the development of squalls with wind gusts up to 45 knots, frequent lightning, hail and poor to very poor visibility in thunderstorms heavy at times.
Mariners are advised to prepare for potential squalls. Vulnerable vessels are most at risk and should seek safe harbour if underway.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. For more information monitor Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
There is no Synopsis issued for this area.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: