Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 24 October 2016
Tonight and Tuesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind westerly 20 to 25 knots diminishing to westerly 15 to 20 late overnight and to westerly 10 to 15 Tuesday afternoon.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 October 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5210N 5545W to 5230N 5230W to 5400N 5300W to 5800N 5700W to
6000N 5400W to 5800N 5100W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Magdalen - southern halfIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 October 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 October 2016 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low located over southeastern Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday weakening low located over the Gulf of
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low located over East Scotian Slope.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low located east of Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:45 PM ADT 24 October 2016 A disturbance over East Scotian Slope will continue to track
northeastward bringing a brief period of southerly gales over
Laurentian Fan this evening.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: