Issued 03:30 PM ADT 24 October 2016
Tonight and Tuesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind westerly 25 knots diminishing to westerly 15 to 20 Tuesday morning.
Chance of showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 3:30 PM ADT 24 October 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 24 October 2016 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low located over southeastern Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday weakening low located over the Gulf of
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low located over West Scotian Slope.
By midnight ADT tonight low located over eastern Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:21 PM ADT 24 October 2016 A low pressure system over West Scotian Slope will track
northeastward across slope waters reaching Eastern Banquereau this
evening. A brief period of southerly gales is expected this evening
over Laurentian Fan.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: