Issued 08:00 PM ADT 20 October 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 Saturday morning and to light Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 20 October 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing trough located on a line
north-south over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:39 PM ADT 20 October 2017 A trough of low pressure currently over Newfoundland will continue to
track eastward away from the district tonight. Strong to gale force
northwesterly winds behind the low will gradually diminish on
Saturday as a ridge approaches from the west.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Summer 2017: Significant weather across Canada
By analyzing weather events, ECCC is collecting more information as to how our climate is changing.
- Date modified: