Issued 03:30 PM ADT 29 April 2017
Tonight and Sunday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to westerly 20 early this evening then veering to northwest 25 near midnight. Wind diminishing to north 15 Sunday morning and to light Sunday afternoon.
Fog banks dissipating near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 April 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4640N 6445W to 4820N
6350W to 4855N 6350W to 4925N 6510W to 5005N 6535W to 5000N 6300W to
Newfoundland near 4905N 5825W. Sea ice north and west of the ice
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 3:30 PM ADT 29 April 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 29 April 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located over the Gaspe Peninsula.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday trough located over the eastern Marine
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over New England.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
the western Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:26 PM ADT 29 April 2017 An approaching trough currently over the Gaspé Peninsula will
continue to track eastward this afternoon to lie over the central
marine district this evening. Strong southwesterly winds ahead of the
trough will switch to strong to gale force northwesterlies in its
wake for eastern waters on Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan and Cabot Strait.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: