Issued 10:00 AM ADT 25 April 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 knots veering to southeast 10 to 15 early this evening then increasing to southeast 20 near midnight. Wind diminishing to southeast 15 Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain and fog patches beginning near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4700N 6035W to 4740N 6125W
to 4920N 6500W to 4945N 6500W to 4855N 6225W to Newfoundland near
4905N 5825W. Sea ice north and south of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 10:00 AM ADT 25 April 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 25 April 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the central Marine District.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the eastern Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1003 mb located north of Cape Hatteras.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday low 1007 mb located near Cape Cod.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: