Issued 10:00 AM AST 18 January 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind east 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light near midnight.
Chance of flurries near noon. Periods of light snow Thursday morning and afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 3 rising to plus 3 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4655N 6045W to 4610N 6150W
to 4750N 6055W to 4720N 6330W to 4905N 6340W to 4840N 6150W to 5015N
5800W to 4830N 5925W to Newfoundland near 4805N 5905W. Sea ice north
and west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located from Labrador to New Brunswick
then to East Scotian Slope.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday ridge located over Newfoundland extending
At 10:00 a.m. AST today low 1010 mb located southwest of Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 1002 mb located south of Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:41 AM AST 18 January 2017 A ridge of high pressure over the Maritimes will slowly push eastward
today. Strong to gale force northerlies ahead of the ridge will
diminish in its vicinity. A deepening low will approach from the
Eastern Seaboard to lie south of Georges Bank this evening. The low
will then track slowly eastward. This will give strong to gale force
easterlies to southwestern waters.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank-southern half, West Scotian Slope-southern half and
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: