Issued 03:30 PM AST 02 December 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 near midnight then increasing to northerly 15 to 20 Saturday morning. Wind increasing to north 20 to 25 Saturday afternoon.
A few showers beginning early this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 2 December 2016 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. AST today low located east of Cabot Strait.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Saturday low located east of Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:25 PM AST 2 December 2016 A low pressure system east of Cabot Strait will move slowly to lie
east of Banquereau Saturday afternoon. Gale force easterlies north of
the low will diminish as it pulls away. Gale force westerlies are
expected south of the low tonight.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore-eastern half, Sable-eastern half, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Cabot Strait-northern half and Anticosti-eastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: