Issued 12:39 PM ADT 28 April 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northeast 30 knots backing to northwest 30 this afternoon then diminishing to north 15 to 20 Wednesday morning.
Rain ending early Wednesday morning. Chance of showers beginning Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 April 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4605N 5820W
to 4725N 5800W to Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and
west of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 12:39 PM ADT 28 April 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 12:42 PM ADT 28 April 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over the Marine District.
By 6:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday departing ridge located over the eastern
At 9:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday trough from 983 mb low located on a line
north-south over New England.
By 9:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday trough from 989 mb low located on a line
north-south over the Gulf of Maine.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 12:42 PM ADT 28 April 2015 A low pressure system over Southwestern Newfoundland will track
westward toward Nova Scotia today. Gale force northeasterlies are
expected north of the low over most Gulf of St. Lawrence waters
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northumberland Strait - western half..Gulf Magdalen..Chaleur-Miscou
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: