Issued 03:00 AM ADT 31 August 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 near noon and to southwest 20 to 25 early this evening. Wind veering to northwest 20 near midnight then diminishing to north 15 Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday evening.
Chance of showers this evening. Fog patches dissipating this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 03:00 AM ADT 31 August 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 31 August 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 996 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 9:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 998 mb located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:32 AM ADT 31 August 2015 A low pressure system moving slowly eastward across Quebec today will
track north of the marine district to lie over Newfoundland tomorrow.
Gale force northwesterlies will develop over northern waters in the
wake of this low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou eastern half
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: