Issued 03:30 PM ADT 30 May 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 25 this evening and to southwest 25 to 30 near midnight with gusts to 35 in Chignecto Bay. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 late Sunday morning then increasing to northeast 20 to 25 Sunday afternoon. Wind diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Periods of rain beginning Sunday morning. Risk of thunderstorms Sunday morning and afternoon. Fog banks dissipating Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 3:30 PM ADT 30 May 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 30 May 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing ridge located south of the Marine
At 9:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 9:00 p.m. ADT Sunday trough located over the southern Marine
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Prescott to Cornwall
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: