Issued 08:00 PM ADT 30 July 2015
Tonight and Friday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southwesterly 15 knots late this evening and to southwest 20 near midnight.
A few showers beginning late overnight and ending near noon Friday with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches dissipating Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 10:47 PM ADT 30 July 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 30 July 2015 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the central Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 1000 mb located southeast
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday trough located from the Gaspe Peninsula
to Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough located from Anticosti Island to
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM ADT 30 July 2015 A low pressure system southeast of Newfoundland will move very slowly
eastward then gradually weaken later today. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies are expected over extreme eastern waters from this
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Banquereau - eastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: