Issued 08:00 PM AST 21 January 2017
Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots veering to northeast 10 to 15 late Sunday morning then increasing to northeast 20 Sunday evening.
Showers or flurries ending near midnight. Fog patches dissipating late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 January 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4655N 6045W to 4610N 6150W
to 4750N 6055W to 4720N 6330W to 4905N 6340W to 4840N 6150W to 5015N
5800W to 4830N 5925W to Newfoundland near 4805N 5905W. Sea ice north
and west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 21 January 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over East Scotian Slope.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Banquereau.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located over the western Marine
By 3:30 p.m. AST Sunday departing trough located over the eastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:24 PM AST 21 January 2017 An intense low pressure system east of the Grand Banks will continue
to move away early this evening.
All gale warnings have ended.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: