Issued 03:30 PM ADT 28 April 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwesterly 25 knots veering to north 15 to 20 Wednesday morning.
Rain ending after midnight. Chance of showers beginning Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 April 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4605N 5820W
to 4725N 5800W to Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and
west of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 3:30 PM ADT 28 April 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 28 April 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low located south of East Scotian Slope.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Wednesday low located south of Laurentian Fan.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low located near Cape Breton Island.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight dissipating low located over Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:25 PM ADT 28 April 2015 A low pressure system near Cape Breton Island will track
southwestward across Nova Scotia this evening as it dissipates.
Gale force northeasterlies are expected north of the low over
portions of the Gulf of St. Lawrence tonight.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northumberland Strait - western half..Gulf Magdalen - northwestern
Half..Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: