Issued 03:00 AM ADT 27 August 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this afternoon then becoming northeast 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light Sunday morning.
Fog patches dissipating early this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 27 August 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located from the Gulf of St. Lawrence
to Browns Bank.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing trough located over Laurentian Fan.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over southern Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Sunday ridge located over Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:25 PM ADT 26 August 2016 A low pressure system with a cold front extending southwest has
developed a line of severe thunderstorms. The line currently extends
from Anticosti southwest to the Gulf of Maine and will cross the Gulf
of St. Lawrence tonight.
Winds near 40 knots have been observed near the thunderstorms, and as
a result squall watches are in effect for Gulf-Magdalen.
Chaleur-Miscou, and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: