Issued 03:00 AM ADT 30 April 2017
Today Tonight and Monday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 knots veering to north 15 to 20 this morning then diminishing to light this afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 15 Monday afternoon and to southeast 20 to 25 Monday evening.
Showers beginning Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 April 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4640N 6445W to 4820N
6350W to 4855N 6350W to 4925N 6510W to 5005N 6535W to 5000N 6300W to
Newfoundland near 4905N 5825W. Sea ice north and west of the ice
Warnings (In effect)
FundyIssued 03:00 AM ADT 30 April 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 30 April 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing trough located over the eastern
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over New England.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday ridge located on a line north-south over
the central Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:36 AM ADT 30 April 2017 A trough of low pressure over eastern waters will pull away from the
district this morning. Strong to gale force northwesterly winds in
the wake of the trough will gradually diminish today and tonight as a
ridge of high pressure builds in from the west.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan and Cabot Strait.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: