Issued 03:30 PM AST 17 November 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 knots diminishing to northwest 25 near midnight and to northwest 15 Saturday morning. Wind backing to southwest 10 to 15 Saturday afternoon then to south 15 to 20 Saturday evening.
A few showers ending this evening. Rain beginning Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
FundyIssued 3:30 PM AST 17 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 17 November 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 985 mb located near Prince Edward Island.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Saturday departing low 989 mb located over
At 3:00 a.m. AST Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. AST Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:26 PM AST 17 November 2017 A low pressure system near Prince Edward Island will track across
The Gulf of St Lawrence tonight then move eastward across
Newfoundland on Saturday. Southeasterly gales ahead of the low
Shift to strong to gale force west to northwest winds in its wake.
The westerly winds will diminish over western waters on Saturday
As a weak ridge of high pressure approaches from the west.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
Higher than normal water levels are expected over the Bay of Chaleur
during high tide this afternoon. Minor coastal flooding is possible.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Prescott to Cornwall
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: