Issued 03:00 AM ADT 07 May 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind westerly 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this evening then increasing to northeast 15 to 20 overnight. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Friday evening.
Chance of showers early this morning and Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 May 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4600N 5950W to
4555N 5925W to 4615N 5835W to 4800N 6000W to 4825N 6120W to Gaspe
Peninsula near 4820N 6440W. Sea ice west and south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6000W to 5005N
5930W to Newfoundland near 5020N 5730W. Sea ice north of the ice
Strong wind warning ended
FundyIssued 03:00 AM ADT 07 May 2015
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 7 May 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday trough located south of the Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday ridge located on a line north-south over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:53 AM ADT 7 May 2015 A ridge of high pressure will slowly approach from the west today
And Friday while a complex area of low pressure persists east of the
district. Between these two features strong northwesterlies
developing over easternmost waters today are now expected to
occasionally reach gale force tonight and Friday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau and Laurentian Fan.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: