Issued 03:00 AM AST 06 March 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind northerly 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to southwest 10 to 15 this afternoon. Wind increasing to southwest 20 this evening.
A few flurries beginning overnight.
Temperatures minus 7 rising to zero Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4530N 5630W to 4720N 5710W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Open water except 9 tenths of grey ice in bays of the eastern
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 6 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 5:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
the southern Marine District.
At 8:00 a.m. AST Saturday departing ridge located over the
southeastern Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:47 AM AST 6 March 2015 Strong northwest winds over some eastern waters will gradually
diminish today ahead of an approaching ridge of high pressure.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for eastern shore..Sable..
Fourchu..Banquereau and Cabot Strait.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: