Issued 08:00 PM ADT 01 April 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to westerly 15 early Thursday morning then increasing to southwest 20 to 25 Thursday afternoon.
Showers or flurries beginning early Thursday evening.
Low tonight minus 2. High Thursday plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 April 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4515N 6100W to 4445N
6100W to 4430N 5800W to 4600N 5700W to 4730N 5800W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4520N 6530W to
Nova Scotia near 4500N 6505W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Open water except 8 tenths of grey ice including 2 tenths of
grey-white ice in bays of the eastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 1 April 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight deepening low 990 mb located over
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 984 mb located near the Avalon
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday building ridge located south of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:49 PM ADT 1 April 2015 A deepening low pressure over Laurentian Fan will continue to move
northeastward and away from the district tonight. Gale force
northwesterlies over eastern waters will diminish tonight as the low
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Eastern shore - eastern half..Sable - eastern half..Fourchu..
Banquereau and Laurentian Fan. Freezing spray warnings are in effect
for Cabot Strait and all Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- Lurcher - eastern half
- Lurcher - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: