Issued 03:00 AM ADT 25 May 2016
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light near noon then becoming southwest 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind veering to northwest 10 to 15 Thursday morning.
Chance of showers this morning. Risk of thunderstorms early this morning. Chance of showers overnight with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog banks dissipating Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5259W to 4300N 4930W to 4400N 4515W to 4600N 3915W to 4715N
3915W to 5130N 4400W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Quebec near
5046N 5919W to Newfoundland near 4946N 5748W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 25 May 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1010 mb located south of Cape Cod.
By 9:00 a.m. ADT today dissipating low 1014 mb located over the
Gulf of Maine.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over northern New Brunswick.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday weakening low 1012 mb located near
Prince Edward Island.
By 9:00 p.m. ADT Thursday trough located over the Gulf of Maine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:46 AM ADT 25 May 2016 A low pressure system over the Gulf of St. Lawrence will drift slowly
south on Thursday. North of the low a band of strong to possibly gale
force northeasterlies will spread over most Gulf waters by evening.
Warnings may be issued later today.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: