Issued 10:00 AM ADT 31 August 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots veering to west 20 this afternoon then to northwest 15 early Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday evening.
Fog patches dissipating this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 31 August 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5554W to 5115N 5000W to 5245N 5000W to 5530N 5200W to 6000N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5101N 5705W to Quebec near 5125N 5741W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 31 August 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 999 mb located over eastern Quebec.
By 9:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 998 mb located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:32 AM ADT 31 August 2015 A low pressure system moving slowly eastward across Quebec today will
track north of the marine district to lie over Newfoundland tomorrow.
Gale force northwesterlies will develop over northern waters in the
wake of this low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou eastern half
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: