Issued 10:00 AM ADT 23 May 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to west 15 to 20 this evening then backing to southwest 20 late overnight. Wind increasing to southwest 25 Sunday morning.
Chance of showers near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 May 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5120N 5800W to 5115N 5730W to
Newfoundland near 5100N 5705W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4515N 5445W to 4130N 5145W to 4130N 4915W to 4530N
4015W to 4700N 4015W to 5300N 4500W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Quebec near
5019N 6015W to Newfoundland near 4922N 5814W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 23 May 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Bay of Fundy.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over Banquereau.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:51 AM ADT 23 May 2015 A trough of low pressure crossing the marine district today will
Move to lie over eastern waters this evening. Strong to gale force
westerlies are expected over most waters in the wake of this
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Southwestern shore..LaHave Bank..Eastern shore..Sable..East Scotian
Slope..Fourchu..Banquereau-southeastern half and Laurentian Fan.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: