Issued 03:30 PM ADT 01 September 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind north 15 to 20 knots backing to northwest 10 to 15 late this afternoon then diminishing to light near midnight. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 1 September 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5553W to 5115N 5000W to 5230N 4930W to 5530N 5200W to 6000N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Sep estimated from Newfoundland
near 5036N 5723W to Quebec near 5116N 5809W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 1 September 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing low 998 mb located over the
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight weakening ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:22 PM ADT 1 September 2015 A low pressure system near the Avalon Peninsula will move to lie
East of Newfoundland by this evening. Gale force northwesterlies
Can be expected over eastern waters in the wake of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Eastern shore - eastern half...Fourchu...Sable - eastern half...
Banquereau...Laurentian Fan...Cabot Strait...Northumberland Strait
- eastern half...Gulf-Magdalen - eastern half and Anticosti-eastern
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: