Issued 08:00 PM ADT 25 May 2016
Tonight and Thursday
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 15 to 20 early Thursday morning then diminishing to westerly 10 to 15 early Thursday evening.
Chance of showers overnight with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog banks dissipating Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4643N 5309W to 4345N 5000W to 4330N 4815W to 4400N 4500W to 4600N
3815W to 4715N 3815W to 5130N 4345W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Quebec near
5034N 5934W to Newfoundland near 4941N 5749W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 25 May 2016 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low located over northern New Brunswick.
By 9:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low located over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 3:00 p.m. ADT Thursday low located over East Scotian Slope.
By 9:00 p.m. ADT Thursday low located south of Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:39 AM ADT 25 May 2016 A low pressure system over the Gulf of St. Lawrence will drift slowly
south on Thursday. North of the low a band of strong to possibly gale
force northeasterlies will spread over most Gulf waters by evening.
Warnings may be issued later today.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: