Issued 03:30 PM ADT 05 May 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 30 knots with gusts to 40 along the coast. Wind diminishing to west 20 late this evening then veering to northwest 25 late overnight with gusts to 35 along the coast. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 Wednesday evening.
Chance of showers tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 5 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4600N 5950W to
4555N 5925W to 4630N 5830W to 4800N 6000W to 4825N 6120W to Gaspe
Peninsula near 4820N 6440W. Sea ice west and south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6000W to 5005N
5930W to Newfoundland near 5020N 5730W. Sea ice north of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 5 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5443W to 4530N 5400W to 4145N 5015W to 4145N 4830W to 4600N
4200W to 4800N 4200W to 5300N 4500W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 May estimated from Quebec near
5013N 5959W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
AnticostiIssued 3:30 PM ADT 05 May 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 5 May 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing trough located southeast of
the Marine District.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today high 1029 mb located over the Great Lakes.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Wednesday high 1026 mb located near Georges Bank.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: