Issued 10:00 AM ADT 27 October 2016
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind northerly 15 knots diminishing to light early this evening then increasing to southeast 10 to 15 near noon Friday. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Friday afternoon.
Showers or flurries ending this evening. Chance of showers beginning near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 October 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5210N 5545W to 5230N 5230W to 5400N 5300W to 5800N 5700W to
6000N 5400W to 5800N 5100W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 27 October 2016 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge from high located over Quebec
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday ridge from high located over Labrador
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday deepening low located over Long Island.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday low located over the Gulf of Maine.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:44 AM ADT 27 October 2016 A low pressure system will develop Thursday night over Long Island
and will deepen as it tracks northeastward to lie over the Gulf of
Maine by Friday afternoon. Gale force southeasterly winds will
develop ahead of this disturbance and spread into western waters on
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fundy, Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern
shore, Lurcher, West Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable and East
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: