Issued 03:30 PM ADT 08 October 2015
Tonight and Friday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 knots with gusts to 35 in the Honguedo Strait. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 near midnight and to light early Friday morning. Wind increasing to south 15 to 20 Friday evening.
Rain beginning Friday evening.
Anticosti - northern half
Anticosti - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 8 October 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5225N 5550W to 5230N 5500W to 5400N 5500W to 6000N 6000W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
AnticostiIssued 3:30 PM ADT 08 October 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 8 October 2015 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the East Coast of the U.S.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday ridge located over the eastern Marine
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over New England.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: