West Brevoort - southern half
Issued 05:00 AM EDT 07 October 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind east 10 to 15 knots becoming light late this morning then increasing to east 15 late this afternoon. Wind increasing to east 25 after midnight then backing to northeast 30 Thursday afternoon.
Periods of snow beginning early this afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 3 rising to plus 2 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 6 October 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Hall Peninsula near 6440N 6510W to
Cumberland Peninsula near 6500N 6410W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7235N 7535W to
7310N 7150W to 7430N 7410W to 7525N 7335W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Borden Peninsula near 7345N 8135W to
Devon Island near 7430N 8335W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7435N 9115W to
Somerset Island near 7400N 9130W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EDT 7 October 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday low 989 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 0000 UTC Friday low 985 mb located over northwestern Labrador
At 1200 UTC Wednesday deepening low 1005 mb located near Great
By 0000 UTC Friday low 995 mb located off Coats Island.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: