West Brevoort - southern half
Issued 05:00 AM EDT 04 September 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind light increasing to northeast 20 to 25 knots early this evening then diminishing to north 15 Saturday morning.
Rain and chance of snow beginning early this afternoon and ending after midnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 3 September 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Meta Incognita Peninsula near 6240N
6645W to Hall Peninsula near 6300N 6615W sea ice northwest of the
Second ice edge estimated from Hall Peninsula near 6400N 6440W to
6350N 6200W to 6400N 6100W to Cumberland Peninsula near 6535N 6300W.
Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Cumberland Peninsula near 6620N 6125W
to 6700N 5930W to 6840N 5920W to 7000N 6455W to 7140N 6600W to
Baffin Island near 7135N 7200W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from 7355N 9610W to 7355N 9610W to 7430N
9300W to 7500N 9300W to Devon Island near 7615N 9430W. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Devon Island 7455N 7920W to 7640N
7500W then northeastward. Sea ice west and north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EDT 4 September 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday ridge located from 68N 101W to 60N 77W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday building ridge located from 70N 99W to 50N 61W.
At 1200 UTC Friday merging low 1008 mb located at 67N 71W.
At 1200 UTC Friday merging low 1007 mb located at 57N 89W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday low 992 mb located at 55N 53W.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: