West Brevoort - southern half
Issued 05:00 PM EDT 26 June 2017
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northeast 30 knots diminishing to northeast 20 Tuesday evening.
A few showers ending near noon Tuesday. Visibility 1 mile or less in showers.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 June 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 6045W to 5900N 5930W to 6130N 6100W to
6325N 5755W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
4 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9
tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the
northwestern half. Strong ice pressure in the pack ice today and
Warnings (In effect)
West Brevoort - southern halfIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 June 2017
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
West Brevoort - southern halfIssued 5:00 PM EDT 26 June 2017
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EDT 26 June 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 0000 UTC Tuesday weakening low 994 mb located at 60N 61W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 1002 mb located at 60N 59W.
At 0000 UTC Tuesday quasi-stationary ridge located over the coast
of Baffin Island.
At 0000 UTC Tuesday low 1005 mb located at 57N 92W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 1005 mb located at 54N 84W.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: