Resolution - eastern half
Issued 05:30 AM EDT 22 October 2017
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots becoming light early this evening then increasing to southeast 15 overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 Monday morning then diminishing to south 15 Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to south 20 Monday evening.
A few showers beginning near noon Monday and ending Monday evening.
Temperatures minus 2 rising to plus 3 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 October 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nunavut near 6300N 9040W to 6240N
8440W to Southampton Island near 6335N 8140W. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Southampton Island near 6400N 8035W
to 6520N 8305W to 6745N 7940W to 6650N 7705W to 6720N 7330W to Foxe
Peninsula near 6525N 7710W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Resolution - eastern halfIssued 05:30 AM EDT 22 October 2017
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EDT 22 October 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 1200 UTC Sunday deepening low 986 mb located at 57N 94W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday low 972 mb located at 65.50N 85W.
At 1200 UTC Sunday ridge located from 52N 67W to 74N 68W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday departing ridge located from 56N 54W to 65N 56W.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Summer 2017: Significant weather across Canada
By analyzing weather events, ECCC is collecting more information as to how our climate is changing.
- Date modified: