Puvirnituq - northern half
Issued 05:00 AM CDT 06 July 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northeast 20 knots increasing to north 30 this afternoon then diminishing to west 20 late overnight.
A few showers changing to rain early this morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 6 July 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice. Strong ice pressure against Mansel
Island today and easing this evening.
Warnings (In effect)
Puvirnituq - northern halfIssued 11:00 AM EDT 06 July 2015
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EDT 6 July 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 1200 UTC Monday deepening low 994 mb located at 58N 78W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday weakening low 993 mb located at 63N 77W.
At 1200 UTC Monday quasi-stationary ridge located over Davis Strait.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: