Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 28 March 2017
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 March 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5700W to 6130N 5745W to 6140N 5720W
then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
7 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except ice
covered in the northwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4715N 5259W to 4630N 4700W to 4715N 4400W to 5000N 4400W to 5145N
4545W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4856N 5830W to Quebec near 5012N 6039W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 28 March 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 978 mb located east of the Flemish Cap.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing low located southeast of the
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located on a line east-west over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 PM NDT 28 March 2017 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea - western half and East Labrador Sea.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: