Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 30 March 2017
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind northwest 20 knots.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Outside the ice edge occasional freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 March 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5700W to 6130N 5745W to 6140N 5720W
then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
7 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except ice
covered in the northwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4726N 5300W to 4515N 4900W to 4515N 4600W to 4700N 4330W to 5000N
4330W to 5145N 4530W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4856N 5830W to Quebec near 5012N 6039W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 09:30 AM NDT 30 March 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 30 March 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over northern Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:11 AM NDT 30 March 2017 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: