Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 24 April 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind northeast 25 knots diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 near noon Saturday.
A few flurries and fog patches ending Saturday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water occasional freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 7 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 April 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5730W to 5915N 5550W then
northeastward. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4430N 4900W to 4415N 4600W to 4630N 3730W to 4730N
3700W to 5045N 3900W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5107N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador Sea - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM NDT 24 April 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 24 April 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary low located south of
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located north of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM NDT 24 April 2015 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: